Winter hiking in the Pitztal
... enjoy the picturesque winter landscape in Tyrol
Only in the Pitztal you will find 40 km of perfectly groomed winter hiking trails. Choose between short and long tours or hikes with a cosy stop in a hut.
- Directly in front of the Hotel Möderle you will find the entry to the valley trail, which you can follow for 15 kilometres to Wiese, or 7 km to Mittelberg. Of course, you can comfortably commute by bus.
- In the Natural Park Kaunergrat you will find tranquillity in the snowy nature. The Harberunde invites you to refuel.
- The 5-kilometer-long Rifflsee trail invites all the sun lovers to a circular hike, a small side tour to the sun beds on the Sunna Alm or Riffelsee hut should be not missed.
- On the Pitztaler Glacier you will find the Chapel of the White Light after a 10-minute walk.
- The Gogles Alm in Wenns awaits you in the winter months on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with regional delicacies. After the 500 meters altitude climb to the alpine pasture is a well -deserved reward.
- In the Hochzeiger ski resort winter walkers can use the Zirbenweg. Starting point of a 700m long winter hiking route is the Zeiger restaurant at the Hochzeiger middle station. From the middle station you can also go to the Stalder hut or Hochzeigerhaus in the winter (walking time about 30-40 minutes, about 1.5 kilometres).